I really like how creamy these potatoes come out. The top is crisp but the inside is so soft and delicious!
Check out what my pals over at Food Network had to say about this recipe:
Substitute 1 pkg. Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage Roll, cooked, crumbled for Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles.
I think hash brown casserole is super easy to whip up, especially in the slow cooker. When I need a side dish and I need one now I will always turn to this recipe.
1 pkg. (26-32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
2 cup (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup (2 ounces) Kraft shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup julienne cut sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
6 green onions, sliced
1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon Morton salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes on the bottom of slow cooker.
2. Top with half of the sausage, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, sun dried tomatoes and green onion. Repeat layering.
3. Beat eggs, milk salt and pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
4. Pour evenly over potato-sausage mixture.
5. Cook on low setting for 8 hours or on high setting for 4 hours or until eggs are set.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick Tip: Make this casserole for your next church potluck gathering or family get-together.
Thank you to Food Network for this great recipe.