When I was a child I used to think carrot was horrible, however, I came to this conclusion without ever trying it! I just assumed that any cake with a vegetable in it would be bogus. Boy, was I ever wrong! I am so glad I got over my finicky ways and gave into the gloriousness of carrot cake. You are going to absolutely LOVE this recipe.
Check out what my friend Barb had to say about this recipe:
I’ve made plenty of carrot cakes in my day but this recipe literally tops them all. I guess you could say that it “takes the cake”!
I have to agree with Barb on that notion!
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. coconut
1/2 c. raisins
2 c. grated carrots
1 c. Domino sugar
1 c. Wesson oil
1/2 t. Morton salt
1 1/3 t. baking soda
1 1/3 t. baking powder
1 1/3 t. McCormick cinnamon
3 beaten eggs
1 1/3 c. Gold Medal flour
1 4-oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. soft butter
2 c. icing sugar
2 t. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. All in one small bowl combine the walnuts, coconut, raisins and carrot. 3. Let sit and then beat together the sugar, oil, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
4. Add 3 beaten eggs and beat well.
4. Fold in the flour and then the fruit.
5. Pour the cake into a 9 x 13″ greased and floured, a layer cake pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour.
7. For the icing cream the cream cheese with the butter, slowly add the icing sugar a 1/2 cup at a time and then the vanilla.
8.Frost the cake once it is cool.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick Tip: This is the perfect cake to take to a party!